DESCRIPTION: Still Photography consists of framed and matted entries of original photographs taken by Celebrate Life participants.
- Participants must be in the 6th-12th grade by the time of Celebrate Life in May. Each District President is responsible for who may/may not participate from their district.
STILL PHOTOGRAPHY GENERAL RULES:
- All photography entries are to be an original. It should be interesting, holding the attention of the viewer.
- All entries must have received at least an “excellent” rating at the district level. Any work not judged at the district competition is ineligible for Celebrate Life.
- While the entry does not have to show a religious subject or object, it should show the work of God through beauty, expression, or creativity.
- A statement explaining God’s involvement in the project must accompany each entry, but this is not to be used for judging purposes.
- A typed or neatly written note card must accompany and be affixed to each entry, stating the participant’s name, address and district.
- Composition, the placement of all objects, and the use of positive and negative space is critical. The photo will be judged on exposure, if it is too light or too dark and in focus. Each selection should have a focal point. The main subject should bein focus, drawing the viewer’s attention.
- All entries should be at least 5×7, including the mat and frame. Larger prints are more acceptable.
- All entries must be matted and framed. There should be no writing on the photo or mat. All photo dates should be cropped off the print.
- There is a limit of one photographic entry per participant. There is no limit to the number of participants per district.
- All Superior/Excellent ratings will be taken as a percentage of the district total entries. Each district will garner grand trophy points with the 1st place district receiving the most and the 11th place district receiving the least.
CATEGORIES FOR DISPLAY:
- Still Life
- Photo Journalism
- Black & White
- The exhibit will be viewed by members of the Fine Arts faculty of Olivet, as well as invited artists, as prescribed by the Arts Director in the various categories.