- A praise band consists of students performing a worship set of music while playing instruments and singing.
- Participants must be in the 6th-12th grade by the time of Celebrate Life in May. Each District President is responsible for who may/may not participate from their district.
- Instrumental entries may use music, including keyboard. Participants must give an original copy of the performance material to the judges.
- All entries shall be of a religious nature with the exception of instrumentals. Classical music is permitted.
- Only use the sound system that is provided.
- Each praise band will be allowed setup time; 15 minutes performance time; 10 minutes tear down. Exceeding the time limit will result in a 2 point deduction. Each praise band shall present a worship set lasting no fewer than 10 minutes and no longer than 15 minutes.
- The schedule will be emailed out to district coordinators prior to the event. If a particular performance time is desired because of extenuating circumstances(such as distance to be traveled), indicate preferred time on your registration form. If a scheduled performance time does not work, stop by the Fine Arts office in the Larsen Fine Arts Center to have your performance time changed.
- Praise Bands will perform on Thursday starting at 1:00 P.M.
- All score sheets may be picked up in the main lobby of the Larsen Fine Arts Center on Friday, no sooner than 2 hours after the performance.
- All Superior/Excellent ratings will be taken as a percentage of the district total entries. Each district will garner grand trophy points with the 1st place district receiving the most and the 11th place district receiving the least.
- You may only participate once per category. District choir members may sing in addition to their local church youth choir. Please dress appropriately for your activity.