- Creative Writing is defined as a written work including a short story, prose or poetry.
- Participants must be in the 6th-12th grade by the time of Celebrate Life in May. Each District President is responsible for who may/may not participate from their district.
- Creative Writing entries must be presented in a typed format in order to avoid a penalty. Creative Writing includes the areas of short stories, prose and poetry. All entries should be presented in a folder. DO NOT FRAME. There is a 10-page limit.
- Creative Writing entries must be accompanied by a typed or neatly written note card affixed to the writing and stating the participant’s name, address and district.
- In Communications, a person may enter only once in each category, as in Speech, Puppetry, Drama, Mime, and Creative Writing.
- All Creative Writing entries must be turned in at the Communication Entry table in the Larsen Fine Arts Center on Thursday between 1:00-5:00 P.M. They may be picked up after 4:00P.M. on Friday.
- Participants will be rated by a Superior, Excellent, Good or Fair rating system, with Superior being the best possible. This is combined with the other areas of Arts.
- Each district will garner grand trophy points with the 1st place district receiving the most and the 11th place district receiving the least.