Basketball competition consists of men’s and women’s teams from each district competing against each other.
- Participants must be in the 6th-12th grade by the time of Celebrate Life in May. Each District President is responsible for who may/may not participate from their district.
- The official Basketball rules of the Illinois High School Association shall be followed for the Basketball competition.
- Each district may have two teams, one male and one female, whose participants are in the 6th-12thgrade of school. Each team roster shall consist of a maximum of twelve (12) players, plus coach(s).
- Each district may select two alternates per team. Their names must be submitted when registering for Celebrate Life. Alternates are only eligible to attend/participate in RCL when replacing a team member who is unable to attend/participate in RCL.
- Districts are to base their team selection on a method of their own choosing.
- All teams are amenable to their District President, the Basketball Director and the Celebrate Life Director. The best of sportsmanship is expected.
- Uniforms will be determined by each district NYI Council in harmony with the district superintendent and the rules of conduct of Olivet. Shirts and shoes are to be worn at all times. Uniforms should be of matching color and numbered, front and back.
- Each game will be played in two (16) minute halves with the clock stopping only on the whistle during the last two minutes.
- A minimum (3) minute warm-up period will be allowed before the start of each game. Warm-ups should begin immediately upon the conclusion of the previous game.
- Any team not able to begin play with at least 4 players, within five (5) minutes of the assigned starting time, will forfeit the game.
- When reporting to enter the game, remain on the X in front of the scorers table until waved in by the official.
- Pull-over shirts are available to those teams without shirts. If worn, however, T-shirts must be worn under the pull-over shirts.
- Overtime: Two (2) minutes. One extra timeout will be assessed to each team for each overtime.
- The “home” team is the top team on the bracket. If both teams are in white, the visiting team must wear dark pullovers. If both teams are in dark, the “home” team must wear gold pullovers.
- Three (3) timeouts per team per game is allowed. One additional timeout per overtime.
- Upon reception of a technical foul by a player, the player will immediately be removed from play for 10minutes of the game clock.
- A player receiving two technical fouls in one game will be removed from play for the remainder of the game. At the discretion of the Basketball Director and/or Celebrate Life Director, the player may be removed from play for the remainder of the tournament. Or, the player may be penalized additional playing time during the following game.
- Any action that is perceived by an official to be taunting or “celebration to taunt” will result in a technical foul against the bench.
- This is a double elimination/bracket tourney.
- No tournament seeding. A random draw of tournament play will take place prior to Celebrate Life.