- The 5K run is a competitive event that takes place on Olivet’s campus during Celebrate Life.
This event will be structured into four age divisions:
- Early youth (6th-8th grade) Male
- Early youth (6th-8th grade) Female
- Senior youth (9th-12th grade) Male
- Senior youth (9th-12th grade) Female
- Competition is open to any number of participants from a district, if that district so desires. Some districts may have a timed 5K Run prior to Celebrate Life to determine their participants.
- Participants must be in the 6th-12th grade by the time of Celebrate Life in May. Each District President is responsible for who may/may not participate from their district.
- Each participant assumes his/her own physical liability.
- This is a competitive event, like all others. It is not to be used as a “Free Pass” to attend Celebrate Life. Failure to register and run the day of the race (unless having received a verbal excuse from a participant’s CL Director) may result in a district penalty.
- The marathon will cover 5,000 meters(or 3.1 miles).This is a timed RUNNING event. The race will officially end after one hour.
- A roll call will be made of all participants having signed up at the district level. At the field level, those not registered and ready to run at the time of roll call will be noted.
- Each district with participants entered will garner Grand Trophy points with the 1st place district receiving the most the 11th place receiving the least.
- The top four individual times from each district from EYM, SYM, EYF, SYF, will be added together and points awarded accordingly. If districts have no participants in an age group, they will still be eligible for partial points.
- The warm up is on Friday at 6:30 A.M. and the race is at 7:00 A.M. in the SLRC Fieldhouse.